December 2, 2012

Lee Seung Gi, the 26 years old youngster who doesn't stop


The 26 years old youngster, Lee Seung Gi has a lot of greed. Debuted with a ballad song, later then ventured into variety shows which gained him the nation's little brother title Lee Seung Gi. To be standing in front of passionate fans is not easy when every gesture or gaze is being stared at. But for 150 minutes during his Hope Concert in Seoul which kickstarted last night, Lee Seung Gi kept going like he lost his mind.

Lee Seung Gi hosted his annual Hope Concert at Seoul Olympic Gymnastic Stadium on December 1st 2012. He performed his debut song, "Because you're my woman", his hit songs "Will You Marry Me?", "Words that are hard to say", "Love Generation", "Let's Break Up" and his latest hit single "Return" and "Forest" with a total of 25 songs. For the first part of the concert, Lee Seung Gi showed the ballad side of him before making a 180 degrees turn into a performer. Not just a dance themed performance, he also took up acoustic, trot and many more.

Lee Seung Gi announces the beginning of the show by appearing on stage with a wire prop and waving to the audience. The first song of the night was no other than his previous hit single "Slave" to get the audience jumping and headbanging to the rock tunes. After that he performed, "Losing My Mind" and took a break to chat with the audience. "Every year, I'm worry what my appearance [at his concert] should be like. Rather than any other challenges, planning for this is more tiring" expressed Lee Seung Gi on how he wants to show different side of him every year.


  • Refined Live Peformances
For the first part of the show, Lee Seung Gi showed a high class peformance by collaborating with the orchestra team to show a much more accentuated ballad peformance. "I've prepared a performance which can take place at the art centre. Because I can't go to the art centre, I bring them here," Lee Seung Gi showed a witty side of him joking about his own performance. Teaming up with an "Urban Pop" team, Lee Seung Gi put up a totally different kind of peformance last night. 

As for the 2nd part of the show, Lee Seung Gi invited the infamous guitarist - Jung Sung Ha for a harmonized acoustic performance between this two young talented people. Lee Seung Gi performed "Adios", "Melody" and "Like Flower" as he thinks that an acoustic performance would make him closer to the audience rather than anything else. 
  • Strong Rock Spirit and 'Horse Dance' performance
If what you have in mind about Lee Seung Gi is his heodang image, then you're about to be mindblown. Although he is recognized for his ballad songs, Lee Seung Gi spent most of his time last night performing rock genre songs- a total of 6 songs out of 25 songs he performed last night. While he kickstarted the night with a headbanging "Slave", he also ended the night with his debut song "Because you're my woman". Lee Seung Gi expressed his passion for rock, "When I was in high school, I dreamt to be a rock singer.  Right now rock is still a genre that I like and in future too is something I want to keep doing". 

Lee Seung Gi also challenged himself to dance Psy's hit single "Gangnam Style" dance but he showed another witty side of him as he remade the song into "Noona Style". Some of the lyrics were, "The noona who think me as a cute dongsaeng, the noona that has a twist, noona you're exactly my style, the little brother who you see as a gentle guy is quietly a beast inside," parodying Gangnam Style. 

  • Expressing emotions through songs and acting 
Lee Seung Gi expressed that, "This year, acting in the drama "The King Two Hearts" was the best work I've done. I've been able to meet  good teachers, I did the drama with a lot of seniors and juniors. Personally, the drama has become something really meaningful to me." He also shared his thoughts on the revelation of his upcoming drama in 2013. "Up to this point, I still haven't been able to show a lot more of me on TV but when I'm well prepared, I'll show it to you," showing his plans to keep going with music and acting at the same time.

Lee Seung Gi also took a time to flashback on the year 2012, "I thought by resting it would be an intense thing but it has become much calmer. To me it's a heartwarming year. I felt a lot of different kind of things this year- intense, heartwarmth, desperate and freedom. Thank you for giving me such time. Sometimes it's not about showing my all. It's not that I'm switching to the mysterious image, I'm just stacking my emotions one by one and through that I've turned into Lee Seung Gi who is able to express his feeling in a better way". 

Lee Seung Gi's Hope Concert will continue today, December 2nd 2012 at Seoul Olympic Gymnasium Stadium.



(credit : tv report)

No comments:

Post a Comment