December 4, 2012

Secret releases 'Talk That' MV


This is very good stuff. I really like the song and that's uber surprising since I was never really into Secret, music wise at least. You can tell it kinda has a 70's feel to it, with the beat and how the girls sing the notes at the end of each sentence. I also like that the title line, 'Talk That', is used very nicely in the song. It's not too excessive and it also sticks to your head.

Fortunately, for once, it's a song where the girls' voice comes first and not the beat. Most girl groups these days put out tracks where the beat is the main star and their voices are pushed all the way to the back, and although it pisses me off initially, we get used to it, which is bad. So, kudos to Secret and their producer for producing a good track.

MV wise, I really like the grainy look of some of the scenes, just because I'm a sucker for those kinds of things. I also really like their outfits (except for their performance outfits, more on that later). The Mv is a nice accompaniment to the song and totally suits the feel of the song.

Back to the girls' clothes; am I the only one who is disturbed at the amount of close-ups of HyoSung's boobies ? I know that Secret has been associated with healthy body image (read: Glamourous bodies), but I would like them tone it down a bit. I'm sure the guys appreciate it but, too much all the time kinda sucks the fun out of it, ya know ? I hope the stylist does not put Hyosung (or any of these girls for that matter) in too-short dresses and skirts anymore, and certainly not tops which has a strategically placed see-through panel.

I'll give this single a 7.5/10. Pretty high on the scale, where it deserves. Good job girls ! Check out their MV below.


No comments:

Post a Comment