November 30, 2012

'Flower Boy Next Door' excitedness.



Who else is totally excited for this ?! 'Flower Boy Next Door' is the next installation in the glorious Flower Boy series on the cable channel, tVn. The first drama was Flower Boy Ramyun Shop (FBRS), and the second one was Shut Up Flower Boy Band. In this one, Park Shin Hye sneak peeks at her hot neighbour, Kim Ji Hoon, and is caught in the act by another hot guy, Yoon Shi Yoon. ...The things I would do to be that girl.

The earlier dramas in the Flower Boy series are two very different dramas, yet they share a certain quality that invokes a feeling of tremendous happiness and has a heartwarming quality to it. I actually find FBRS to be my favourite drama in K-Dramaland and it will take a lot for another drama to wrangle it out from the top spot in my heart. The fluidity of the story, the chemistry between the actors and the characters within the drama (There is a difference.) , and the hilarity that ensues just takes the cake for me. I have not watched Shut Up Flower Boy Band as of yet, but I've been hearing only good things from people and might just give it a try.

What can you expect from 'Flower Boy Next Door' ? Well, one might expect a horde of beautiful people headlining the cast and the director from Flower Boy Ramyun Shop to take the reign. A combination that one should not miss. When I rate a drama, the ending is one, if not the most, important point for me. Flower Boy Ramyun Shop had overthrown 'You're Beautiful' due to it's ending which sucked less than 'You're Beautiful'. 'Flower Boy Next Door ' is based on a webtoon series, so I'm not too concerned in the Ending Department; at least it will have an ending. After I watched 'Big', I have decided that a bad ending is better than no ending at all. So, as long as 'Flower Boy Next Door' does not give us a vague ending, I am getting down and dirty with it.

One small concern; Is Yoon Shi Yoon gonna keep that blonde hairstyle with highlights ? You do know highlights is like, way 2003, right ? Maybe it's because his character name is Enrique and he needs to be half Korean, half Something Else type thing ? Okay, I'll just roll with it.

Kim Ji Hoon (who plays the guy that Park Shin Hye will steal glances at) also is very active on Twitter. Mostly posting selcas of himself at the cinema, at his home and almost everywhere he goes; we got a treat when he posted this. A sneak peek into what we know as the poster shoot. ASSA



With a pretty (literally) star-studded cast with the likes of Park Shin Hye, Yoon Shi Yoon, Kim Ji Hoon and lots more, this drama is setting the bar of expectations real high. But I'm pretty sure it will live up to our standards. HWAITING !

No comments:

Post a Comment